Thursday, October 23, 2014

Baby Bump



Oh, Hey there world!!! Nearly a year later I remembered I have this little baby! Speaking of babies in case you can't tell in that lovely photo (in which case I'd highly recommend an annual trip to the ophthalmologist) I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant with our very first little baby girl! We are beyond excited, past the point of panic, and totally just ready to meet her! After 2 years of trying and a diagnosis of polycystic ovarian syndrome, about the point when we had finally accepted it just might not happen for us and decided to table trying to avoid the disappointment - it happened! YAY!

So far I've been so blessed to have a very simple pregnancy... not to rub it in or anything but this girl had ZERO sickness! My only curse seems to be gestational diabetes which my doctor assures me is almost a guarantee with polycystic ovarian syndrome so it was probably going to happen no matter what, but I'm sure the craving I had for sweet tarts daily didn't help anything at all! We are scheduled for a c-section on December 2nd and the countdown is on! Our last baby shower is this Sunday and then we will go into full nesting, folding and organizing all of her tiny (yet large!) wardrobe, filling in the gaps of sizes we need and getting her nursery finalized.

If I had been a better blogger this past year (which I'm already regretting because I didn't document much of this process, at all) I would have put up an adorable post of our gender reveal! We found out via a cake made by the same lady who did our wedding cake! We also found out surrounded by most of our family and all of our best friends, that was a very special moment! I was #teampink from the very beginning as far as what I was hoping for but every instinct I had said BOY! Partially, I think, because I refused to get my hopes up about having a little girl. PJ's face when he saw that pink cake was priceless I think it took him a few days to adjust to the fact but now I think he's even more excited to have a girl than he was at the idea of a boy. Knowing a family is an option let alone a reality is enough to send him to the moon. He's been the most supportive, incredible man I could have ever asked for. I always knew I loved that man but once this little girl came about, I never knew I could love him more. I am so looking forward to seeing him with her.

Another excitement - I'm going to get to go extreme part time to stay home with her more! My job has agreed to let me work a mix of at home and in our office which is just fantastic! It'll be a pay cut so I'm definitely stocking up on things and I've become a new coupon maniac but I think the transition of learning to live on less is totally worth staying home with her all but one day a week - and that day daddy will be home with her!

So that's my update... we are HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY and awaiting all the excitement and changes!

Thanks for stopping by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment