Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Life keeps on movin'!

Last I posted was in July - a bit of a reflection and I just went back to reread it with a lot of pride. It's been a little over 6 months since I say I lost myself and I can honestly say, I'm still good!! As usual, life keeps going and although we can take moments to pause, they have to be quick and back to the now, back to the future - too!

On November 6th PJ and I purchased our first home! A fixer - upper at that! It's been a hot mess an adventure! We bought it knowing we'd need to do some things but once we go in, those things seemed to multiply! Since the 7th when we go in the doors we have ripped up 3 bedrooms, a hall, a living room, dining room, and kitchen flooring. Replaced the bedrooms and hallway with carpet - the kitchen with new tile (took up TERRIBLE ugly wood laminate) and are laying new, nicer wood laminate in the living room and dining room. There are actually wood floors underneath but they are shot which is incredibly sad because I love that natural look. Maybe someday when life isn't so busy we'll restore or replace them but for the next 5-10 years I think I'll really enjoy the laminate without the crazy worry of damaging the hardwood any further. Soon enough 2 levels of our tri level will be functional. After the insane dog odors that had taken over those two levels - I will be really happy to see those two go! We still have the lower level and 2 of the ugliest bathrooms on the planet to remodel but I'll be happy to see the progress at this next checkpoint. I tell ya, my husband has been a TROOPER! For 2 weeks today we have been going to work and going straight home and getting to annoying, tedious, physical exhausting more work and he hasn't complained once. I've had the luxury of taking a few nights off for some girl time with my friends - he hasn't really! I'm super proud of him and really excited that although it's a lot of work we'll be able to sit back and see our own work around us! I'll try to post some before and afters when we get to a stopping point. Lets be real though, my next post just might be around Easter!

Anyone else crazy DIYers that get into a project and scratch their head thinking "what did I just do!?" - That's where this house started the MOMENT went go our keys! It's going to be great though...most importantly it's going to be home and its OURS!

Funny tid bit about the house...it's a trilevel so we have 2 short staircases instead of one big one. Our youngest pup, Romeo, took about a week to conquer the steps at all but still can't do the ones going up to the top level because they are wood. His poor little furry but tries and just tumbles right back down. It's been great carrying him down from bed and back upstairs at bedtime! Hey, at least it's keeping him off of our brand new carpet! :)

Hope everyone is gearing up for the holidays - I know we have a busy one and I'm sure you do too! I love this month because Facebook gets flooded with what people are thankful for and it just makes everyone stop and think about that topic themselves. This year, I can say a HUGE thanks goes to my faith and for happiness - I wouldn't have one without the other!

Have a great day :)

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment